Without the generous support of people like you, we couldn’t continue to do the work we do. We rely on support from donors so we can help everyone in our local community move forward.
Four ways to donate to Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire
1. Easyfundraising Raise FREE donations EVERY time you shop online using @easyuk. Over 7,000 brands will donate including all the big names like eBay, ASOS, Expedia, M&S, Just Eat, Uswitch and more!
2. Give As You Live Make one off or monthly donations
3. Standing order This money will be used to support our ongoing running costs, including training and support of our staff and volunteers. Please pay directly to Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire through our Barclays Bank Account: Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire; Sort code: 20-97-48; A/C No: 80803731
4. Friends of West Oxfordshire Citizens Advice (Scroll down for the 2023 events)
Friends of WOCA (FoWOCA) was established as a stand-alone charity to provide much needed financial support to Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire. They fundraise for Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire so our charity can purchase IT equipment, office furniture and costs of updating technology.
‘The Friends’ fulfil their aim through an exciting fundraising programme of social and sponsored events that are open to the public as well as to people already involved in Citizens Advice. They are also building links with local businesses and with community leaders to engage them with the cause.
2023 events coming up.
Pop-up clothes shop & cafe on Saturday April 29th raised £810
The Friends are organised a café and a ‘Pop up Shop’ with ladies clothes, shoes, bags and jewellery at the Methodist Church Witney. They were so grateful for the help from many staff and volunteers- including CEO and Office manager! The local charity shops also grateful for the contributions after the event – win win all round!
Our aims were to:
- give pre-loved clothes and accessories a new home and a new lease of life
- everyone involved to have a fun day
- and over and above everything else to raise funds to enable us to support the work of Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire.
Please let us know if you would like to help in anyway with fundraising by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Witney Blanket Hall evening of tales on 2 March 2023 raised £750
On Thursday March 2nd at 7pm, The Friends organised a social and entertaining event at the Witney Blanket Hall. ‘This will be a romp through the last 300 years since the Witney Blanket Hall was built in 1721. Mr Richard Martin will entertain us with tales of the Hall set against the history of the times.’
Charity Bridge Drive – Chicago on Sunday 22 January raised £450
Pop up Clothes Shop and Café on Saturday 28th March 2020 at The Methodist Church in Witney
You may remember that we ran our first ever Pop-Up Clothes shop in March 2019 – at The Methodist Church, Witney? Well we enjoyed the experience so much that we have decided to run another one this March at the same venue.
‘Friends of’ wide-ranging activities have included:
- an amazing summer garden party, courtesy of our Patron Sir John Allison and his wife
- pub quizzes, treasure hunts and golf days
- a silent auction as part of Oxfordshire Arts Week
- and a pop-up shop in the centre of Witney.
Get in touch
To find out more or better still to join us in our venture, please contact our acting Chair Tessa Farley on email@example.com.
Help us fundraise
Our partner organisation, Friends of Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire raise vital funds to help us support our local communities.