In West Oxfordshire, a new Household Support Fund is available for people struggling to afford their food, energy and water bills this winter. Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire is proud to partner with West Oxfordshire District Council (WODC) and Oxfordshire County Council to help those most in need in our community.

To qualify for the individual support

The individual support fund offers a significant lifeline for residents who may struggle to afford life’s essentials over winter. To qualify for support people need to:

  • live in West Oxfordshire,
  • be struggling to afford food and other essential household costs,
  • be over 18.

Where to apply for the individual support fund

Contact Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire who will run the appropriate checks to prioritise individual support. We can also help with their wider debt and advice expertise too. 

Residents can apply by calling 01993 892063 or emailing

Referral partners can refer on behalf of a resident – just request a referral form by emailing

Teresa Archer, Chief Officer, Citizens Advice West Oxfordshire said:

“We are very pleased to be working with West Oxfordshire District Council to distribute the Household Support Fund.  This support will be vital to people over the winter months, particularly those who are struggling but don’t qualify for other statutory support. We will be providing benefit checks and offering wider advice to those that apply to ensure that they are getting all the support that they are eligible for. 

West Oxfordshire District Council has been allocated £131,730 to support residents as part of the recently launched government Household Support Fund.. Help will be available through a number of other different services:

  • Support for those in temporary accommodation and housing need through West Oxfordshire District Council Housing services
  • Support for Community food projects and Voluntary sector groups where they are working directly with residents in need.
%d bloggers like this: