Community Connect is a Social Prescribing service for Cherwell and West Oxfordshire.
The team can help you to improve your health and wellbeing by linking you to community services, groups and activities that you’ll enjoy, and support you to join in.
It all starts with a conversation.
How can we help you?
- Increasing social connections – connect you to befriending schemes or meet new people by joining in with local groups like art classes or gardening
- Money and budgeting – help you to get advice about entitlement to benefits, money management and what to do about debt
- Gain confidence and skills – find training to help build your confidence and skills or move into work and volunteering
- Healthy lifestyle – become more active and develop a healthier lifestyle, which can help manage long term health conditions
The service is free of charge and we can work with you for up to three months to help you achieve your goals.
“Thank you for your help and support – I feel that I am now on the right track to help sort my life out. You have given me the life skills I need to do it.” – Anne
How do I access the service?
If you are 18+ and registered with a GP practice in Cherwell or West Oxfordshire, just ask your doctor, nurse or health care worker to make a referral to social prescribing. Or ask at your practice reception for more information. The service is confidential and provided by fully trained Community Navigators.
- You can also refer yourself here by fill in an online form
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 0300 004 0401
Volunteer for Community Connect
As a Community Connector volunteer you’d provide one-to-one support to help people engage with local groups and support services. Find out more here or email email@example.com
Calls to numbers that begin with 03 cost the same as calling landline numbers that, begin with 01 and 02. They’ll be included as part of a mobile allowance or a landline call package.