We are looking for a new volunteer to help by supporting our Chief Officer. Take a look at the difference you make and please apply by 31 August.
What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- help with the day to day running of the Citizens Advice service
- help manage meeting minutes and papers for the Trustee Board and Chief Officer
- type up letters and read through documents checking for mistakes
- print and scan documents using a printer
- update spreadsheets and databases
- help manage our office manual and the policies and procedures review timetable
What’s in it for you?
- gain and build on valuable skills and experience such as communication, admin, IT skills and working in a team
- increase your employability
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to peoples’ lives
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team.
And we’ll reimburse expenses too.
What do you need to have?
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- respect views, values and cultures that are different to your own
- have good IT skills
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We are looking for a few hours a week for this role, and can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming an admin volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around location, time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you please contact us.
For an application pack please email email@example.com
For an informal discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12pm 31 August 2021