Citizens Advice organisations across Oxfordshire pledge to address food poverty in the county with the following actions:
● Building and maintaining strong relationships with local food agencies with regular communication and collaboration.
● Signposting and referring people in need to appropriate local food agencies and support organisations, recording the numbers of people referred, and evidencing the underlying reasons for the need.
● Communicating this evidence to local decision makers in order to influence and address underlying causes of food poverty in the county.
● Identifying and supporting pockets of unmet need within the county by analysing referrals and taking steps to address gaps in awareness, referrals and provision of support.
● Widening access to advice and support through Citizens Advice’s countywide Benefits in Place pilot.
● Providing information and advice on the issues that are causing financial hardship by offering benefit checks to people in food poverty and identifying any additional support available.
If we can do more to address food poverty in your community or organisation, please do get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org