Citizens Advice is working to assist people affected by the recent collapse of Thomas Cook. This includes advice and protection for customers who booked a holiday with Thomas Cook as well as those who have lost their jobs.
- If you have been affected by the Thomas Cook collapse, we recommend consulting the Civil Aviation Authority.
- Citizens Advice can offer advice to people that have booked holidays, flights or any other goods and services related to their holiday.
- Please be wary of scams, especially if you are getting unsolicited contact from companies suggesting to rebook a holiday through them. If you are worried about or impacted by scams can find our more on our website: Check if something might be a scam.
- If you are concerned about online scams contact our Citizens Advice Scams Action via phone or webchat.
Thomas Cook staff
We can help people who worked for Thomas Cook, in a couple of ways,
- Our Help to Claim team has added a dedicated option to the phone line for Thomas Cook staff needing advice on claiming Universal Credit.
- Our Advisers are available from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- The numbers
- England: 0800 144 8 444
- Wales: 08000 241 220 (The Wales number is for the client to speak to a Welsh language adviser).